Applicants to the MA Program in Applied Psychology are expected to hold undergraduate degrees or both undergraduate and master’s degrees or specialist diplomas. The program does not require its applicants to have an undergraduate major in psychology; applicants from other backgrounds are admitted. Applicants without course work in psychology or social sciences, however, will be required to complete foundational courses in preparation for the core curriculum. Foundational courses are offered as part of the MA Program.
The first deadline for application submission is April 18, 2021
The second deadline for application submission is June 20, 2021.
The third deadline for application submission is August 25, 2021.
The MA Program in Applied Psychology will consider applications from students holding baccalaureate (and higher) degrees from accredited institutions.
The application package includes the following documents:
1. Official copies of any and all university transcripts / marksheets (Note: Applicants who have graduated from educational institutions outside of Kyrgyz Republic must present a document confirming they have obtained the equivalent of the Kyrgyz Republic’s state diploma of higher education (for graduate program applicants). The document issued by the foreign academic institution and its notarized Russian translation (including transcripts / marksheets) must be submitted to the Ministry for Education of the Kyrgyz Republic in order to confirm the level and content of the study completed. The Ministry then issues a certificate recognizing the applicant’s education, which should be submitted along with this application form to the University).
Important: Previous degree (such as bachelors’ or 5-year specialist) in psychology or social sciences is NOT a requirement for admissions to MAPAP.
2. Copy of passport information pages and for non-Kyrgyz citizens living in Kyrgyzstan, a copy of the Kyrgyz Republic visa page (international students must check in with the Student Visa and Registration Coordinator within 2 days of arrival to submit copies of their Kyrgyz Visa and complete Ministry of Foreign Affairs registration paperwork)
3. Color photograph (3 x 4 cm – white background)
4. Official TOEFL Certificate (paper-based or internet-based) – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 0419 or Official IELTS Certificate – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 8305 FOR GRADUATE APPLICATIONS
(FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS) Official Standardized Test Results: SAT Reasoning Test (SAT I) – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 5825 or ACT plus Writing Test – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 5479 (FOR GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS) Official Standardized Test Results: GMAT – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE S2B-2G-87 or GRE – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 0419
Please state your reasons for applying to the American University of Central Asia, and how your studies at AUCA will contribute toward your career goals. Why do you want to get a graduate degree? What are your career plans in 5 years? Limit your essay to 700 words / 1 page.
6. 2 recommendation letters from the professors of the university the applicant graduated from.
7. Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Specialist Diploma or if currently enrolled in university, a certificate from the institution certifying that an applicant is in the last year (Note: Upon admission to AUCA, the original copy of Bachelor’s Degree / Specialist Diploma or confirmation of degree completion must be submitted to the Office of Admissions)
8. Curriculum Vitae / Resume in English which includes work history
10. Entrance Interview
The American University of Central Asia reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.
The application package is to be submitted to AUCA Office of Psychology, Room 310.
For the academic year 2020-2021, the full tuition is 5000 USD per semester. The program provides scholarships to students who require financial support in order to study at the program. All students in the program receive financial support to cover the cost of their study.
This application will help to determine the level of your financial need. The University retains the right to review and examine the accuracy of information provided by official documentation, contacting the student’s residence and student’s or parents’ employer*.
Giving false information may result in the LOSS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT.
AUCA has a deep commitment to academic performance and personal ethics and AUCA reserves the right to refuse financial assistance to the student who does not meet academic expectations or adhere to the behavioral expectations articulated in the Student Handbook.
Deadline for submission is August 25, 2021 (room 310, AUCA New Campus)
If you would like to get additional financial support:
Please note the documents, mentioned in Application Form (last page)