Goals and Learning Outcomes
To support the development of our student's ability to “think sociologically,” we have established the following learning goals for our AUCA sociology students:
- Students will cultivate their sociological imagination as a way of understanding and interpreting the social world.
- Students will apply multiple theoretical perspectives to an analysis of human agency and social structure.
- Students will be proficient in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Students will design and carry out an original research project through which they demonstrate an ability to integrate social theory and data.
- Student will acquire the tools needed to organize and communicate ideas and information effectively.
- Students will develop computer and information technology skills to access, analyze and display the data for their projects.
- Students will foster imaginations that envision a more just society.