Mission and Learning Outcomes
The Mission of the LL.M. Program
The LL.M. Program aims to prepare graduates with higher professional education (holders of Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees) for jobs in international projects and organizations, state bodies, non-governmental organizations, private law firms, and commercial entities, including for teaching and research work as well as for continuing education in Master’s degree or Ph.D./S.J.D. programs.
The program is focused on developing the professional competencies of its students in international and business law with a goal to prepare specialists who will be in demand in domestic and international labor markets. At the heart of our Program and University is the combination of the best traditions of liberal American and Central Asian education with an individual approach to each student.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the LL.M. Program should have the following competencies:
- be able to generalize and analyze information critically which is the basis for independent learning and application of new knowledge and skills;
- be fluent in a foreign language at the level of professional communication, have strong oral and written communication skills, and be advanced computer users;
- apply professional judgment, perform quality legal analysis, conduct legal research and solve legal problems using advanced methods and technologies, be able to develop new original ideas in the professional sphere;
- draft and interpret normative legal acts, carry out legal expertise of drafts of normative legal acts, serve as experts and consultants, provide qualified legal opinions in various fields of law;
- teach legal disciplines at a high theoretical and methodological level with reliance on international best practice, use of online resources, and application of the latest forms and methods of teaching;
- demonstrate leadership qualities, active citizenship, take initiatives and implement projects aimed at advancing a welfare state.