Applicants to the MA Program in Anthropology, Technology and International Development are expected to hold an undergraduate degree in a wide range of fields of study.
The first deadline for application submission is April 21.
The second deadline for application submission is July 30.
We will consider applications from students holding baccalaureate (and higher) degrees from accredited institutions. The application package includes the following documents:
1. Official copies of any and all university transcripts / mark sheets (Note: Applicants who have graduated from educational institutions outside of Kyrgyz Republic must present a document confirming they have obtained the equivalent of the Kyrgyz Republic’s state diploma of higher education (for graduate program applicants). The document issued by the foreign academic institution and its notarized Russian translation (including transcripts / mark sheets) must be submitted to the Ministry for Education of the Kyrgyz Republic in order to confirm the level and content of study completed. The Ministry then issues a certificate recognizing the applicant’s education, which should be submitted along with this application form to the University).
2. Copy of passport information pages and for non-Kyrgyz citizens living in Kyrgyzstan, a copy of the Kyrgyz Republic visa page (international students must check in with the Student Visa and Registration Coordinator within 2 days of arrival to submit copies of their Kyrgyz Visa and complete Ministry of Foreign Affairs registration paperwork)
3. Color photograph (3 x 4 cm – white background)
4. Official TOEFL Certificate (paper-based or internet-based)
5. Essay: Please state your reasons for applying to the American University of Central Asia, and how your studies at AUCA will contribute toward your career goals. Why do you want to get a graduate degree? What are your career plans in 5 years? Limit your essay to 700 words or one page.
6. Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Specialist Diploma or if currently enrolled in university, a certificate from institution certifying that an applicant is in the last year (Note: Upon admission to AUCA, the original copy of Bachelor’s Degree / Specialist Diploma or confirmation of degree completion must be submitted to the Office of Admissions)
7. Curriculum Vitae / Resume in English which includes work history
The American University of Central Asia reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.
The application package is to be submitted to:
AUCA Office of Admissions
7/6 Aaly Tokombaev St., Room G20
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic 720060
Telephone: (+996 312) 915-000
Fax: (+996 312) 315-028