The Student Travel Fund was established for AUCA students in 2002/2003 to promote travel that is intellectually rewarding to the students and beneficial to the entire University community. Grant recipients will be selected based on the relative merits of the purpose of travel, the appropriateness of the time of the conference, student’s current academic standing, and other criteria as appropriate. (Note that an 'F' grade is one of the main reasons for rejection of grant proposals.)
Eligibility and Application Procedure
Those eligible to receive funding are full-time students who have earned at least 30 credit hours at AUCA and who are not in their final semester of study. Team/group applications will be considered on the merits of the entire application, rather than as individuals. Group applications will only be accepted for events that require the presence of the entire team/group. Applicants who receive the first grant of more than $100 may not be considered for a second grant in the same academic year.
All applicants should submit an online Application Form and be prepared to upload the following attachments:
1. All official invitations.
2. Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member/Department Head. This letter needs to directly address the project in question for which the student is requesting support, and needs to have been written during the current academic year.
Applications are reviewed starting on the 15th of each month. Applications received after the 15th of each month will be considered only in the following month. Applicants are notified about the results after the decisions have been made, relatively within two weeks (30th of each month). Students need to understand that it is a serious reviewing process and it needs some time for announcing results. Reporting additionally, all beneficiaries of the travel fund grant are expected to:
1. Provide the Committee with a narrative report on the grant
2. Provide a comprehensive financial report to AUCA Financial Office
3. Return all unspent portions of the travel fund to the Financial Office
4. Be ready to share their experiences at the request of SILC.