- Academic Rules and Regulations
- A student may be dismissed from AUCA for:
- Poor academic performance (see the “Course Repetition” and “Probation” regulations)
- Failing to maintain an overall GPA of at least 1.75 (*see exception below regarding first year students)
- Failing to earn a semester 2.0 GPA and 24 credit hours while on Academic Probation
- Losing his/her connection with the University (failing to register for courses, failing to contact academic advisor and major department within first 3 weeks of the semester)
- Failing to register for courses (with the exception of students on Academic Leave)
- Failing to pay the tuition fee
*There is an exception to the GPA requirement for first-year students after their first semester: these students will not be dismissed; instead, all first year students with GPAs below 2.0 after the first semester will be placed on Academic Probation. First year students who are placed on probation and fail to earn a 2.0 GPA and 24 credit hours for freshmen during the second semester will be dismissed from the University, without the right to apply for readmission. Exceptions to this policy may be made under special circumstances, for example, students may receive special permission to apply for readmission from the Vice President/Chief Operating Officer.
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors whose semester GPAs are below 2.0 (but above 1.75) will be placed on Academic Probation. Continuing students who are placed on probation and fail to earn a 2.0 GPA and 24 credit hours during the subsequent semester will be dismissed from the University, with the right to apply for readmission.
- Dismissal for academic reasons will be completed after the final grades are submitted.
- If dismissed, the student will be given an academic certificate in accordance with the format approved by the Ministry of Education of the Kyrgyz Republic
- A student has the right to appeal his or her dismissal; the appeal should be submitted within 10 days of the official notification of dismissal.
- Dismissal procedure:
- After analyzing all student transcripts, each Program Coordinator will submit a report to the Vice President/Chief Operating Officer outlining the dismissal of students whose cumulative GPAs are below 1.75.
- Upon the approval of the report by the Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, the HR Office will issue the dismissal orders and notification letters. Dismissal orders for academic reasons must be issued by the HR Office within 6 weeks after the completion of the exam period.
- Students who have been dismissed will be notified of the decision as soon as possible, typically immediately following the issuance of the order. Departments are responsible for distribution of notification letters to students.
- To be voluntarily dismissed from the University due to a personal reason or university transfer, a student should submit a request to the Vice President/Chief Operating Officer. The request must include all the necessary documents (including signatures of the Program Coordinator and Registrar and a completed check-out list, which includes proof of payment of any financial debts).
- Students who fail to complete online registration by the end of the registration period, will be dismissed from the University.
- A student dismissed from the University for Academic Reasons has the right to be re-admitted no earlier than a year after being dismissed. A recommendation from the Program Coordinator is required.
- A student dismissed from the University for Financial Reason has the right to be-readmitted in the following semester.