- Academic Support Offices
- Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology
Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology
Our mission at the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology is to foster new and creative pedagogies for the 21st century. We support and encourage reflective teaching practices focusing on student learning and inspired by research. We encourage faculty in their increase of knowledge, skills, and dispositions related to the increasingly connected and technological reality.
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology supports teachers to adopt new and creative pedagogies and technologies for the 21st century. CTLT supports faculty in their effort to enhance the quality of their teaching, by providing them with opportunities to rethinking and redesign their approaches to teaching, understanding of students’ learning, and effective use of technology for teaching and learning. In line with AUCA’ s mission to educate critical thinking, independent, responsible global citizens, it is a goal for the CTLT to support teachers create stimulating learning environments and research- based pedagogical approaches.
CTLT’s strategic plan for the development of teaching excellence at AUCA and the region of Central Asia incorporates AUCA mission and goals, and contains a number of key goals:
- Implement a course design approach which puts the learner at the center of the process through structuring class activities around students’ interests, real-life tasks, creative assignments (students generated content), open debate, etc;
- Support faculty and programs to thoroughly integrate AUCA’s Core Competences into the curriculum and the individual courses;
- Support faculty to design and implement activities building on transferable skills, their incorporation in the curriculum;
- Support faculty in the implementation of educational technologies using research- based evidence;
- Plan and implement assessment of quality of teaching and learning;
- Promote Open education- use OERs, and open up the classroom to the world through networking and online collaboration;
- Provide support to departments in the establishment of interdisciplinary courses;
- Promote professional development and research in education and educational technologies.
- Promote digital pedagogies and research in digital humanities;
- Work on more effective collaboration with AMICAL partner institutions.