The information on OSUN Online Courses for Fall 2023 is available on the AUCA website under the Online Registration section.
The list of course equivalents is published on the AUCA website and will be updated further.
Fall course priority deadline: June 1, 2023
If you are interested in taking an OSUN course in Fall 2023, please get acquainted with the following eligibility criteria, as well as general information and rules you have to follow before you start the registration process.
AUCA students must use AUCA online registration to register for OSUN courses offered by AUCA. Please note that OSUN courses offered at AUCA are treated as regular AUCA courses. If 2, 3, 4th- year (study year at the start of courses) students register for OSUN courses offered by AUCA, their maximum semester load is still 33 credits (regular load).
On this page you can find the following information:
Eligibility & Rules
- Full-time students;
- Sophomore (current freshmen can apply), junior, and senior years of study;
- Cumulative GPA: 3.0 (minimum);
- Fulfilling prerequisite requirements, if any.
General information and rules:
- All courses are offered online.
- All courses are in the local time of the university offering a course, so students need to check with Bishkek time.
- Since space for each course is limited, seats will be offered on a first come first served basis.
- Since space for each course is limited, students are allowed to take up to 6 ECTS (AUCA) credits of OSUN courses.
- It is each student's responsibility to receive approval of their advisor to take an OSUN course of their interest and ensure it covers the necessary graduation requirement for them.
- Submitting a course application on the OSUN portal implies that a student received advisor approval to take that course.
- Students taking OSUN courses will be allowed to take up to 36 credits – this includes both AUCA and OSUN course credits - in the fall semester 2023 in order to be able to take these courses. This means that if students would like to take an OSUN course, they need to leave free credits so that their total credits of AUCA and OSUN courses for Fall 2023 do not exceed 36 credits.
NOTE: the 36-credit rule will only apply to students taking Fall 2023 OSUN courses outside of AUCA. See an example and explanations below for more clarity.
- All courses are free and no separate payment is required as long as students’ total semester load (AUCA and OSUN credits) is no more than 36 credits. Please take OSUN course credits into account when calculating your total credits for the semester, otherwise you will be required to pay for the overload if you exceed the maximum number of credits allowed – 36.
- Students will receive grades for courses. The grade received for the OSUN course will affect overall GPA.
- Students no longer have to transfer OSUN courses into AUCA by submitting the transfer form. OSUN courses will be added to each student's AUCA transcript manually by the Registrar's Office after the end of the add-drop period in September 2023. Grades for courses will be added based on official transcripts that AUCA will receive from the OSUN course host institution.
A student wants to take the maximum load of 36 credits in Fall 2023, and register for the OSUN course titled Civic Engagement course offered by Bard College, which is 6 ECTS credits. The steps to take would be:
- To register for AUCA courses through the AUCA OR for no more than 30 credits and make sure there are no time conflicts between the student’s AUCA courses and an OSUN course, in this case - Civic Engagement course;
- If there are no time conflicts, register for the 6 ECTS-credit Civic Engagement course on the OSUN portal (instructions and a link to be provided later) and wait to be accepted. When accepted, students receive a notification email.
- To submit the course commitment form on the OSUN portal and wait to receive access to course materials and wait for the OSUN course to be added to AUCA transcript in September 2023 after the end of the add-drop period by the Registrar’s Office.
- Please note that the course host institution might request additional information from students (personal, a copy of their passport, a request to submit a specific form) in order to officially enroll them in the course offered at the host university.
List of courses
How to Register for an OSUN course
- AUCA students must use AUCA online registration to register for OSUN courses offered by AUCA.
- To register for OSUN courses offered outside of AUCA:
If you have any questions, please contact Zhamilia Irsalieva at email@example.com