PLEASE VISIT OUR COVID-19 PAGE FOR ALL UPDATES
READ Book Club
"Not a day without a book"
Schedule: Thursday, room 350., 17:00-18:00 ( agree time with group)
Decription of club and methods of reading
The book club is an open group for all students and for everyone who wants to develop and self-actualize in life. The club will help you find your path and know yourself, and also find secrets to career success. During the academic year there will be a meeting of guests from different fields, you will be notified in advance before the meeting.
What the club will give you:
1. Become a member of ‘READ’ Book Club
2. A cozy atmosphere
3. Tea, coffee and cookies
4. Discussion of books
5. Meeting guests
6. Personal growth (self-knowledge)
7. Love to read books
9. Issuing notebooks for notes (for active reading)
10. Issuance of a CERTIFICATE at the end of the academic year
1. Meetings -2 times a month. (Room 350,at 17:00);
2. Each week, ‘READ’ Book Club members can offer their “TOP 1” book and write why he/she chose this book.
3. Online voting will take place during the same week.
4. Return the book one month after reading.
Unscheduled meetings outside the university:
1.Go to read books in the orphanage for children.
2. Club meeting in Almaty with a Book Club (Date will be confirmed);
3. Invite a guest or to go on a visit (for example “Ololohouse”);
Reading method and How to remember what you read:
1. Before reading, read reviews about the book;
2. Read at least 2 hours a day (not a day without a book);
3. While reading, read with a notebook (read smartly);
4. Each participant can write 20 new words from the book;
5. Take notes;
6. Ask questions (why and how);
7. Associate a book with life situations;
8. Mix books (read other books besides the given, alternate);
9. Make a list of the best quotes;
10. At the end, you can write 5-6 sentences (review, quotes, recommends to friends);