Minor in European Studies
The European Studies (ES) department offers non-ES students an opportunity to obtain a minor degree in European Studies. In order to start studying for a minor in ES, a student must obtain permission from the chair of his/her department and the chair of the ES department.
To apply for the minor, students must have a GPA 2.7 or higher.
To earn a Minor degree in ES, students must complete at least 42 credits from the ES department. Thereby, 60% of course credits must be taken from the upper-level courses. Only the courses with a grade “C-” or higher will be counted towards the fulfillment of minor requirements.
# List of courses
1. French or German or Spanish - 12 Credits
2. Modern Europe - 6 Credits
3. European Integration and External Relations or European Literature - 6 Credits
4. Multicultural Society: Migration, Religious and Social conflicts or Social Europe - 6 Credits
5. History of European Culture - 6 Credits
6. Elective in English or in Second Language - 6 Credits
Total: 42 Credits
Type of Final Exam (oral/written, comprehensive, etc.): a written essay in English.
Courses to be included in the final exam: taken by a student from the list of Minor.