Measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection
According to the Decree of the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic, to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection in the republic, please observe the following requirements of the Ministry:
- Foreign nationals who have been in China, South Korea, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Iran (including transiting through) in the 30 days before seeking entry to Kyrgyz Republic will not be allowed to enter Kyrgyz Republic.
- Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic arriving in Kyrgyzstan from the following countries of the 1st category: China, South Korea, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Iran must comply with the prescribed response measures - 14-day quarantine in medical institutions. People arriving from these states are subject to observation at medical facilities. During quarantine (14 days), it is not allowed to leave the place of observation. In case of violation of the regime by a person under quarantine, administrative liability is provided and penalties (category VI), or imprisonment (category II).
- People arriving in the Kyrgyz Republic from the following countries of the category 2: USA, Japan, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Belgium, Netherlands, are subject to isolation at home for 14 days (home quarantine) and daily monitoring by a primary health care provider (PHC) .
- All foreign citizens, as well as citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who arrived, including in transit from countries of the 3rd category: Singapore, Austria, Denmark, SAR, Hong Kong (China), Malaysia, Thailand, India, Bahrain, Australia, Greece, Canada, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Iraq, Egypt, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia are subject to isolation at home (home quarantine) according to the algorithm approved by order of the Ministry of Health. Mandatory permanent stay at the place of residence (house, apartment, hostel, hotel, etc.) for 14 calendar days.
P.S. The list of countries will vary and replenish depending on the epidemiological situation in the world.
Dear AUCA students, faculty, and staff, we kindly ask you to plan your trips and report the countries of your visit to the Medical Office (room T-13, ext. Number: 280, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), and HR Office (room: 110, e-mail: email@example.com) (before departure and after arrival in Kyrgyzstan).
Coronavirus infection Prevention Measures
Due to the unfavorable situation in the world risk of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and entering the Kyrgyz Republic, we kindly ask you to take appropriate prevention measures:
- If you have even mild respiratory symptoms (cough, sneeze, runny nose, fever, chill, etc), wear a disposable face mask in the campus and outside; in case of absence of face mask, cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Then dispose of the used tissue immediately
- Stay home if you don’t feel well. If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing, call the doctor home or contact your local health authority (for Bishkek residents) / AUCA Medical Office (for non-Bishkek residents and foreigners) and call the ambulance team
- Strictly observe distance communication (avoid handshakes, hugs, etc.);
- As much as possible avoid anyone who is coughing or sneezing, as well as people who have arrived from abroad during the quarantine period;
- Follow personal hygiene rules – use antiseptic sprays and/or antiviral ointments for nose; regularly and thoroughly wash them with soap and water; if you don’t have access to water, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or antibacterial wet wipes;
- Ventilate rooms more often during the day, conduct daily wet cleaning of premises;
- Regularly, every 2-3 hours, wipe disinfectants on work surfaces (furniture, office equipment) and objects of personal and frequent use (stationery, door handles, glasses, telephone, keyboard, mouse, etc.);
- Do not visit crowded places (shopping centers, bazaars, etc.);
- Dress by the season and weather. Remember that in spring season weather is deceptive and very changeable
- Avoid consuming raw or undercooked animal products (meat, chicken, eggs), fast food, kebabs in catering points. Eat only well-cooked, thorough thermally processed meat and eggs;
- Avoid contact with wild animals and birds.