Student clubs exist to give participants opportunities to develop interests and skills in many different activities. Clubs increase conviviality among students and a sense of pride in AUCA. Participation in club activities can also sharpen a student’s knowledge and experience in a particular area of expertise. Active involvement demonstrates prospective employers’ commitment to extra-curricular responsibilities.
Clubs are recognized and registered through the Student Life Office. In order to register for a new club, students must get an application form from Student Life Officer and return the completed form with the electronic version. A club can be started by a student, faculty, or staff member. Clubs may request money from the Student Senate budget.
How to Start a New Club?
In order to register for a new club, you need to come and see the Student Life Officer or write an e-mail, requesting an application form for clubs. She/He will send you an application form for clubs. In this form, you need to answer the following questions and send them to the e-mail: email@example.com
- Club’s Goals;
- Activities of the club;
- Projects (if any);
- The main coordinator/leader? (Name, department, ID, phone number, and email address);
- Name, departments, phone numbers (optional), and email addresses of the members (should be more than three);
- How other students can become a member of your club or membership requirements.
Registered Student Clubs may request financial support from the Student Senate budget.
1. ENACTUS Club
- Create long-lasting solutions that would improve the social, economic, and ecological aspects for the local community;
- Organize educational training and mentorship programs;
- Develop new business models;
- Create a community of new business leaders;
- Have a network of the best businessman and leaders of the country.
Contacts: Maratbek kyzy Zharkynai
2. Debate Community Club
The debate club is one of the biggest clubs at AUCA and one of the best debate clubs in Bishkek.
Our goals are to improve:
- Critical thinking
- Public speaking
- Communication skills
Contacts: Biyaliev Adilet
- We enhance students’ hard skills and provide real software product development experience. Within a short amount of time, students will become more professionally skilled and will be able to meet the job market’s expectations in the IT-sphere.
- Help students improve programming skills and prepare for internships.
- Organization of masterclasses on project management, design, and coding. Each student gets a mentor for their further development
Contacts: Fatikhsultan Zhakshylykov
4. TEDxAUCA club
- to promote the core values of storytelling
- to develop public speaking skills
- to be a part of a diverse TED network
Contacts: Shakhzoda Mirakova
5. VFX & Soundmaking Club
- Build a team of like-minded people to create something new, for instance, a music clip.
- We will learn about visual effects like in movies and also how to create your own music.
Contacts: Rinat Galiev
6. Case Club
- Case studies capture a range of perspectives, as opposed to the single view of an individual you get with a survey response or interview.
- The students will have the opportunity to dive into a business sphere and improve some of their skills such as: analytical thinking, researching, decision making and etc.
- There will be sessions conducted twice a week, where the students will solve different business cases and deliver presentations on the best solutions.
Contacts: Qirghizbekova Nekkhotun
7. AUCA TV Club
- Create an information platform for the AUCA life;
- Provide opportunities for students to practice their filming, editing, and reporting skills.
- Making video reporting from AUCA events, video stories about AUCA students, faculty, and alumni, creating fun videos with the AUCA students gathering on the campus, making AUCA weekly news, and many other interesting activities!
Contacts: Salima Almazbekova
8. Google Developers Student club (GDSC) Club
- Google Developers Student Clubs (GDSC) are community groups for college and university students interested in Google developer technologies. Students from all undergraduate or graduate programs with interest in growing as a developer are welcome.
- By joining a GDSC, students grow their knowledge and build solutions for their communities.
Contacts: Aziza Sydykova
9. FLEX Volunteering Club
- Promote the spirit of volunteerism and support vulnerable communities in Bishkek and suburban areas;
- Launching an online mentoring program - engaging high school students with AUCA students.
Contacts: Aidin Turganbekov
10. MEMEMBROSHIP Club
- Civic engagement through modern cyber art.
- Art therapies using cyber collages.
- Integrating with the AUCA community through the prism of humor.
Contacts: Akima Anarbekova
11. Career Development Club
- To create a community of students in which everyone can find answers to their questions regarding professional and career growth
- To encourage students to develop their hard and soft skills
Contacts: Aiturgan Noiabidinova
12. AWAKE Club
An association of like-minded people who put or want to learn how to put sociology at the heart of any field of activities.
- Development of sociological imagination through the analysis of the entertainment industry
- Active engagement in a discussion on social issues
- Organization of guest lectures by invited professionals
Contacts: Aleksey Pak
13. Basketball Club
Give students an opportunity to play Basketball.
- Improve their skills.
- Make new friends.
- Participate in the Basketball tournaments.
Contacts: Bektur Sultanov
14. Girl Up Club
A club where students can watch movies
- Our main mission is Girl’s empowerment!
Contacts: Mursalina Amin
15. Green Club
Our goal is to create environmental sustainability awareness among students and help in involving in eco-activism.
- volunteering opportunities,
- collaboration with other organizations and eco clubs from other universities,
- opportunities to give a speech on events and more.
Contacts: Meerim Kanybekova
16. SandBox Business Club
To improve digital skills in the following professions:
- product/project management, frontend/backend development, ux/ui/web
- design, digital marketing, etc. (best speakers in their field)
Contacts: Begimai Ismailova
17. AUCA Knitting Community Club
To bring AUCA people together, create a friendly and safe space for students, to help to relax during exams
Contacts: Uulzhan Bekturova
18. SEA club
- The goal of the club is to develop and support communities of engineers, researchers, and initiative young, via making technology available and helping with communication between learners and experienced developers.
Contacts: Arthur Talkanbaev
19. Think out Loud Club
- Exploring common and shared human challenges, setbacks, and issues, and exploring the role of spirituality and/or psychology in dealing with them.
- The main activity of this club will be in the form of discussions and round tables. Storytelling, free-writing, mediation with calm music, and presentations on different spiritual and/or psychological trends, issues, and challenges will constitute a heavy part of the club.
Contacts: Reshadullah Sapi
20. Teqball (Bishteqers)
- Teqball - is a ball sport that is played on a curved table, combining elements of football and table tennis. Back and forth, the players hit a football with any part of the body except the arms and hands.
- Teqball can be played between two players as a singles game or between four players as a doubles game.
- The game is represented at an international level by the International Federation of Teqball (FITEQ).
Contacts: Maksatbek Aitegin
21. Theatre Mirrors
- The cultural development of students of AUCA;
- Building the unique spirit of AUCA;
- Represent AUCA in big cultural events in Kyrgyzstan and abroad
Contacts: Ruslan Musalimov
22. Volleyball Club
Conduct a separate extracurricular club for those students who enjoy playing volleyball and need more of it in their life.
Contacts: Kaparova Saltanat
23. Child Rights Club
The goals are to enlighten students regarding children’s vulnerability in our society and share knowledge about child rights to create a stronger and safer community for our next generation.
Contacts: Aidana Alybaeva
24. Digital Art Club
Our mission is to enhance digital art and graphic design skills. We desire to assist the participants of our club to monetize their work and connect like-minded people to reach their goals. We’re looking forward to having a lot of fun and developing friendships!
Contacts: Bermet Akhunova
25. AUCA Law Cases Club
- The first Law club in AUCA. The goals of the club are: solving law cases and judicial practice. This helps students from all departments to think like a lawyer.
- Consideration of famous cases with emphasis on the laws in the country where the incidents took place, solving cases, in case of a dispute, there will be a debate
Contacts: Almir Sabyrbekov
26. Japanese Club
- Through learning Japan and Japanese culture, tradition, and society together, students and attendees will cultivate intercultural perspective, learn soft skills, and learn to how to grow together as global citizens and leaders.
- Visiting and conducting events, classes, and workshops.
- Creating discussion space and time to better understand modern Japanese and exchange knowledge about KG and Japanese values and norms.
Contacts: Dastan Askarbekov
27. Women’s Football Club
- The Women’s Football Club gives an opportunity to all women of AUCA to be part of a football team.
Whether you're experienced or just want to get a good glimpse of this sport, your place is within the team.
28. René Magritte Club
- There are many goals for this club. To begin with, the first goal is to teach drawing to the new starters. I believe there are many students who are willing to learn drawing and painting at AUCA.
- the goal is to provide a friendly atmosphere with an open environment for students to develop their skills
Contacts: Khaleqi Ahmad Sajad
29. Armwrestling Club
- Club’s main goal is to find and unite people that find armwrestling interesting. Secondly, popularize healthy lifestyle and armsport amongst students of AUCA. Thirdly, represent AUCA in local tournaments.
- Since the Armwrestling club’s main goal is to unite people from different faculties, there will be team buildings, group practices, and in-AUCA tournaments.
Contacts: Atay Eshimbekov
30. Indian Dance Club
- There will be mainly Indian dance, exercise to prepare the body for the dance, and teaching how to move their bodies based on following Indian music.
Contacts: Nadia Arifi
31. Improv Сlub
- We learn comedy, acting, interpersonal skills, and how to be genuine by playing acting and improv games together.
- This is a very informal club. Our goal is to have fun, make friends, and learn something too if you feel like it.
Contacts: Jaden Rider
32. Women's Basketball team
- To make the AUCA basketball women's team famous throughout the Bishkek Universiade and other championships. Our women's team previously won first and second places in Universiade and other championships.
- Every Monday and Wednesday, we will have trainings at 5 pm (the time could be changed if it’s needed) led by Professor Zaitsev, who is an honored basketball coach.
Contacts: Aliia Ismailova
33. Cricket Club
To play the sport of Cricket, which comes at number 2 as the most popular sport in the world with almost 2.5 billion followers. The game of Cricket would be played to make friends and develop team-building skills. It is also the first time such sport club would be created in AUCA, which is going to be amazing as people in the university will get to know the beloved sports game.
Contacts: Mumtaz Ashraf Popal
34. Woman and Arts
- This Club is based on the Women and the Arts Club that was created in 2016 at the American University of Central Asia.
- It aims in promoting women's empowerment and support for the university community and issues that are dealt with as women in Kyrgyzstan and around the world.
- It is a platform that stands for the voices of women who have faced obstacles so that they feel supported and listened to, and not feel ignored.
Contacts: Sitara Ahmadi
35. Female Football Club
- The purpose of this club is to help all female students to stay not only mentally active but also physically active during the semester.
- This club will have two events in a week and will contain physical activity.
Contacts: Bibi Hajar Rashidi
36. Cinematica Club
Bring students together with a warm atmosphere to diversify the social life of AUCA
Contacts: Saltanat Talantbek
37. Socrates Reading Club
- critical reading and discussing books of different genres and content
- weekly gathering, reading, and discussing the chosen books
Contacts: Hasina Ahmadi
38. Hobby Club
Engaging in a hobby leads to acquiring substantial skills, knowledge, and experience. The main goal of the Hobby Club is to inspire students to pursue a hobby and explore their potential in areas like art, science, sport, music, knitting, etc.
Contacts: Ilgiz Usenov
39. Philosophy Club
- To bring philosophical discourse into the walls of AUCA and improve our understanding of responsiveness, reflection, reason, and re-evaluation, and finally, examination of the existing subjects, morals, and ethics.
- Intellectual discussions, organic debates, analyzing tons of ideologies. Revising and talking about such terms as “reality, morals and ethics, capitalism, communism, violence, discourse, power, etc.”
- Reading books and asking/discussing provocative questions
Contacts: Azizjon Homidov
40. HeckerSpace Club
- Community-operated club where people with common interests, such as computers, machining, technology, science, digital art, or electronic art, can meet, socialize, and collaborate
Contacts: Mirzaali Ruzimatov
41. Mammonths Soccer Club
- improving communication between students.
- Improving the health of students.
- Maintaining mental health.
- Playing soccer once a week.
- Organization of competition between students
Contacts: Alikhan Tursunbekov
42. Football Club
- Playing football and participating in different football tournaments
Contacts: Tadzhimatov Bilaliddin
43. Book Club
Read different books and exchange gathered information with each other!
Book is the real power!
Contacts: Shah Mohammad Ali Dad
44. F**** C***
Culturally enrich the students of AUCA who are interested in world cinema classics.
Contacts: Eldiiar Berdibaev
45. Mental health Stigma Club
Fatigue, depression, stress, and sleep disorder are problems that everyone experiences at least once during their student life.
It would promote mental health awareness, as well as it promotes a judgme It would promote mental health awareness, as well as it promotes a judgmental free environment for the student who is aware of these
- Activities of the club
- Promotion of the club
- Conducting a survey
- Playing Kahoot in the lobby
- Having tea sessions where we will discuss personal experiences of each other and many more!
Contacts: Fatima Meena Kakar
46. Board Games Club
- Our goals are to teach people how to play and enjoy board games in a cool community of AUCA students and try all possible board games.
- Find a new way to enjoy games.
Contacts: Indin Ruslan
AUCA doesn’t open students’ clubs, YOU do it!
AUCA just supports them!
If you want to open a new club in AUCA, you are very welcome to do that! We support all ideas and interests that can develop AUCA student society.