We are hiring Development Officer
October 13, 2021
Application Due: 14.10.2021, COB
Type of employment: Full-time
Development Officer is a staff unit of the Development Office. The officer is directly supervised by Director of Development and works closely with two other DO units: Alumni Relations and Career Development offices. This role is responsible for managing the writing and submission of grant applications and reports, taking active part in the organization’s annual fundraising and donor recognition. The Development Officer works collaboratively across departments on grant activities while stewarding relationships with new and existing donors, and provides support to the Director of Development on recognizing major gift donors. This role has significant responsibility for overseeing development projects and is accountable for achieving specific goals laid out in the strategic plan.
The successful candidate should match the following criteria:
- bachelor degree required;
- full professional proficiency in spoken and written English, Russian, and professional
working proficiency in spoken and written Kyrgyz is required;
- a high level of professionalism, proactivity, flexibility, enthusiasm, project management, time management, organizational skills and attention to detail;
- good interpersonal skills for interacting with university’s units, donors, members and
- experience on leadership positions at least two years;
- strong experience in grant writing and management;
- experience leading/coordinating complex projects;
- experience in education field is an asset;
- excellent knowledge of MS Office software; knowledge of data analysis is an asset;
- the ability to work flexible hours.
Development Officer functions include, but not limited to:
- identifying grant funding opportunities;
- writing, submitting and managing grant proposals;
- developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, development colleagues, and appropriate board members and/or other constituents to maximize the unit's total gift revenue, and maintain an effective portfolio for all donors, monitor gift cycle for all development activities;
- participating in development of office’s strategy, planning solicitation strategies, and leverage joint solicitation efforts;
- perform regular research on public and private foundations
- assisting to promoting university to various prospective and existing donors, planning and conducting programs and activities designed to increase the visibility of the unit and the university to internal and external constituencies;
- ensuring appropriate management of donors, prospects, and volunteers in coordination with university objectives;
- event planning and organization;
- coordination of various development/fundraising endeavors of the DO units, etc.
Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. An employee is required to sit at a desk and work at a computer for long periods of time. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. The working hours are 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday-Friday.
CV and motivation letter should be sent to email@example.com by October 14, 2021, COB. Subject: Development Officer. The successful candidates will be invited for the interview.
<< go to news list