What could be more inspiring than students achieving success day by day?
June 2, 2021
AUCA is proud to share that its five graduating students participated in the Open Society University Network’s (OSUN) senior project panels on May 24-26, 2021. Students were first nominated by their academic departments, and subsequently selected by OSUN for these panels. The panels were live sessions in which 29 students from 9 universities and 8 countries presented their projects and findings with a faculty moderator and Q&A from an international audience representing network institutions.
The following AUCA students participated in panels on the five themes:
- Asel Osmongazieva from the Journalism and Mass Communications department participated on the Global Public Health panel, presenting The Excluded: Tuberculosis and All its Forms We Don’t Know About;
- Shaheda Mujaddedi from the International and Comparative Politics department participated on the Democratic Practice panel, presenting The Threat of Islamic Extremism in Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan from a Comparative Perspective;
- Jijun Emily Chen from the Journalism and Mass Communications department participated on the Human Rights panel, presenting No One Cares: African Migrants Live in Cultural Discrimination. Misrepresentation of Blacks in China;
- Altynai Esenalieva from the Sociology department participated on the Inequalities panel, presenting How do Kyrgyz Feminists Perceive their Cultural Identity?;
- Mira Dzhakshylykova from the International and Comparative Politics department participated on the Sustainability and Climate panel, presenting Water Resource Management and Transboundary Water Risks in Central Asia: A Case Study of Uzbekistan in Dealing with Kyrgyzstan.
Let’s congratulate the students for their achievements!
<< go to news list