Phone: +996 (312) 915000 ext. 326, 327
Address: 7/6 Aaly Tokombaev Street, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic 720060
February 21, 2018
The Tian-Shan Policy Center (TSPC) of AUCA is delighted to announce the competition for the
3 BEST MIGRATION RESEARCH PROJECT PROPOSALS
Based on high interest among AUCA students, and with the goal to raise academic research capacities of AUCA students and promote migration studies in KR in general, TSPC will award 3 fellowships for students to conduct research in migration issues pertaining to Kyrgyzstan/Central Asia.
The research project proposal is welcome on any pressing issues concerning modern migration. Students are invited to address migration in their research project proposal in such a way that it should serve migrants’ rights protection.
The TSPC will award 3 fellowships (1,000 USD each) to 3 students/groups of students for the best research project proposals. The money will cover the costs of conducting their research in migration issues.
The three best migration research proposals will be selected by an independent and impartial jury composed of people from state bodies, international organizations, academic institutions and NGOs in Bishkek at an open competition for the most topical issue, best research questions and best methodology proposed. The selected students/groups of students will conduct the proposed research under the supervision of the TSPC. The students can also ask for guidance and consultation from their AUCA professors/instructors. The research reports shall be submitted to TSPC by 14 September, 2018.
The research works will be presented at the National Students Conference on Migration in the end of 2018 and further will be brought to the attention of policymakers and general public in Kyrgyzstan/Central Asia.
General eligibility criteria:
- Only AUCA students are eligible (except for the senior students already graduating this year);
- No limitations are imposed to the number of pages, font, and spacing of the research project proposal;
- Research proposal must be new and original work of the student/group of students;
- Limit of one submission for student/group of students;
- The language of research project proposal writing is English;
- The research project proposal shall consist of: short background information (overview of the problem), general aim of research, timelines and geographic frames, methodology used, proposed reporting, short information about the student-applicant/group of students-applicants.
- The deadline for submission of migration research project proposals is April 13, 2018. No late entries will be accepted. Entries that do not conform to the above requirements will not be considered. Outside of the fellowship itself, comments on the papers will not be provided to authors.
For further information and for sending research project proposals please contact to:
Ainur Tairova at firstname.lastname@example.org and
Tatiana Zlobina at email@example.com
The TSPC AUCA (https://auca.kg/en/tspc/) is an innovative nonprofit think tank focused on research, analysis, development and implementation of effective approaches to public policy issues in Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia. By now, TSPC has implemented more than 25 projects in collaboration with the UN agencies, NGOs, and other partner organizations. By 2018, TSPC has been granted upward of more than US$1 million within the following thematic areas: Social Issues and Good Governance; Environment and Sustainable Development; Migration and Human Rights. The best migration research project proposal competition is announced in the framework of Migration and Human Rights Program of TSPC.
 The fellowships will be paid in KGS basing on currency exchange rates of the National Bank of the KR.