- Could you please tell a bit about yourself?
I was born in Berlin (Germany) and graduated from the University of Magdeburg where I finished both a Bachelor in Management and Economics, and later a Master of Science in Management. During High School I spent half a year in California, and before my Master studies half a year in St. Petersburg. I have worked several years at Daimler AG (Mercedes Benz) in Stuttgart, before moving with my family to Kyrgyzstan for a few years. I finished my PhD thesis last. Fall and will defend it this summe (also at Magdeburg University).
- How long have you been teaching at AUCA and what are the classes you offer?
I came to AUCA in early 2010, after moving to Kyrgyzstan with my wife (who is working for GIZ). I mainly teach Marketing and Corporate Communication, also International Business.
- Why AUCA, not other universities?
I think it's the most liberal and international university in the region and attracts smart students also from other countries.
- What do you like/do not like about Kyrgyzstan?
I like the quite liberal atmosphere and life in the country as well as the mountains and lakes, but think that people have to work on their discipline and morale. They also need to become more conscious of their environment.
- What do students do after they graduate, having a BA major?
Hopefully seeking a masters degree in Europe!
- Tell us about AUCA students. How are they different from student of other universities?
Students are typically more engaged in social and extra-curricular activities and after graduating hopefully have the skills and most importantly the ethical mindset for making an impact on local society.
- What could you advise to prospective students of Business Administration department?
Don't just think about career opportunities in terms of career prospects and salary - but think about making a real difference to society and life of the region.