Dear AUCA students,
We are pleased to inform you that we are accepting applications for the position of Resident Assistants (RAs) for the AUCA Dormitory in 2017-18 AY.
· Be a sophomore or junior student of AUCA for the 2017-2018 academic year.
· Resident Assistants must be and remain in good academic standing.
He/she has to maintain GPA of 3.0 or higher during the period of employment (GPA of 2.7 will be accepted if a Resident Assistant exhibits outstanding dedication and diligence in performing his/her job responsibilities).
· A Resident Assistant should be fluent in Kyrgyz or/and Russian and English languages to be able to serve the needs of a diverse resident population. Dari (Tajik) language is a preference.
· A Resident Assistant should not be employed while working at the AUCA dormitory.
He/she must be able to commit a significant portion of his/her time to the responsibilities of the position. It is very important that the Resident Assistant be available to the residents of the assigned floor in the hall during evening hours.
· Report writing skills and working with databases are desirable.
· Experience of living or studying in any university housing and in culturally diverse communities is preferable.
· Cultural understanding and sensitivity to accommodate a diverse student body is a must.
· A Resident Assistant must have strong communication skills to communicate well in group and individual situations.
· Be a full-time student and present in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from August 2017 to August 2018 (the possibility to have vacations out of city will be given for not more than 20 days, in total).
· A Resident Assistant must have excellent customer service skills and be proactive to quickly evaluate crisis situations and respond appropriately.
a. Free accommodation at AUCA Dormitory along with all the utilities/services provided by the Dorm.
b. Developing essential non-academic skills (communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge mobilization, societal and civic responsibilities, personal effectiveness etc.).
Main Job Responsibilities of RA:
· Assist with day-to-day operational procedures: damage assessment, room changes, identifying and reporting maintenance and safety concerns, etc.
· Assist in the handling of all emergency situations (e.g., fire, health, safety).
· Document all incidents impacting the operation of the residence hall and report all policy violations to the supervisors.
· Discuss and address students' concerns and problems, both individually and in groups. Initiate discussions about individual and group dynamics before issues manifest.
· Resident Assistant must take the residents to a hospital for blood tests and if residents have serious/urgent health problems occurring in the dorm, if emergency aid or necessary medical checkup for foreign students (who need translation assistance) is needed. Resident Assistant should be ready for possible situations when he or she might need to take residents to the hospital in case of emergency during the night time.
· Plan, organize, and participate in floor activities that help to enhance the community, as well as the social, educational, and personal development of dorm residents.
Interested candidates must send the following documents to email@example.com with the following line in the subject of the email: “Application for RA position 2017-2018” before 5 PM April 24, 2017.