July 5, 2018
Minor in European Studies
The European Studies department offers to non ES students an opportunity to obtain a minor degree in European Studies. In order to start studying for minor in ES, a student must obtain permission from the chair of his/her department and the chair of ES department.
To apply for minor, students must have GPA 2.7 or higher.
To earn the Minor degree in ES, students must complete at least 42 credits from the ES department. Thereby, 60% of course credits must be taken from the upper level courses. Only the courses with a grade “C-” or higher will be counted towards the fulfillment of minor requirements.
List of courses Credits
1. French or German or Spanish 12
2. Modern Europe or History of Europe 6
3. European Integration and External Relations
or European Literature 6
4. Multicultural Society: Migration, Religious and
Social conflicts or Social Europe 6
5. History of European Culture 6
6. Elective in English or in Second Language 6
Type of Final Exam (oral/written, comprehensive etc.): written essay in English
Courses to be included in the final exam: taken by student from the list of Minor