1) Senior Thesis I, II
2) Peace and Violence: causes and conditions
3) Science of Relationships (development of a new course)
4) Internship I
2015-present PhD researcher, Development Studies, Social and Political Philosophy, University of Bonn, Germany
2014 Master’s of Philosophy in Peace and Conflict Transformation, UiT the Arctic University of Norway
2008 BA in Psychology, Department of Psychology, American University of Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan, Diploma with honours
- UN Women Academic Gender Studies Summer School in Kyrgyzstan, on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and the Beijing Platform for Action for the advancement of women and girls ("Beijing +20"), Kyrgyzstan, 2015
- Workshop for BIT project participants “Producing policy-relevant research and papers to influence decision-making”, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), Oslo, Norway, 2015
Peace and violence, gender equity, sustainable development, identity.
- Myrzabekova, A. (2020). Measuring Mixedness: A Case Study of the Kyrgyz Republic. In The Palgrave International Handbook of Mixed Racial and Ethnic Classification (pp. 549-567). Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Myrzabekova, A. (2020). Romantic Securityscapes of Mixed Couples: Resisting Moral Panic, Surviving in the Present and Imagining the Future. Surviving Everyday Life: The Securityscapes of Threatened People in Kyrgyzstan, 153
- Elena Kim, Asel Myrzabekova, Elena Molchanova & Olha Yarova, 2018. Making the ‘empowered woman’: exploring contradictions in gender and development programming in Kyrgyzstan, Central Asian Survey, 37:2, 228-246, Available at https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02634937.2018.1450222
- UNDP, 2016, Case Study on combating gender inequality in political participation in Kyrgyzstan, available at http://www.kg.undp.org/content/kyrgyzstan/en/home/library/womens_empowerment/-case-study-on-combating-gender-inequality-in-political-particip.html
Central Eurasian Studies Society