Kyrgyz Academy of Education, Ph.D. in Pedagogical Sciences, 2005-2008
Bishkek Humanities University, diploma of a specialist (Instructor of English Language and Literature), 1995-2000
Other Relevant Trainings (Selected Certificates)
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of Academic WebFolio grant from the Open Society Institute, SOROS Foundation, 2014.
- Recipient of Faculty Development Fellowship from the Open Society Institute (SOROS Foundation). This fellowship entailed traveling to the USA to work as an Assistant Professor at San Francisco State University for three semesters. (2006, 2008, 2009).
- Recipient of Partners in Education Scholarship. This scholarship was awarded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State and administered by the American Councils for International Education.
- Recipient of a Travel Grant from the American Embassy in Kazakhstan Public Affairs Section for conference presentation in Turkestan (June 19-20, 2003)
- Recipient of Bishkek Humanities University Scholarship. (1995-2000)
First Year Seminar I, II; IAE
· Civic Education, Civic Participation, Civil Society;
· International Social and Educational Development;
· Comparative Social, Political, Economic Policy in the developed and developing countries;
· Social Networks.
- "Project Work at the Kyrgyz-Russian Slavonic University", Kyrgyzdipservice, Naryn, Kyrgyzstan, 2011.
- "Communication Culture as the Basis of Pedagogical Activity", Altyn Tamga, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 2009.
- "Formation of Intercultural Communicative Competence of Students", Bilim, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 2009,
- "The importance of civic education in Kyrgyzstan". Kyrgyz Academy of Sciences, 2006.
- “Interactive Methods of Civic Education Teaching at the Lessons of Humanities”. Alma-Aty: Vestnik KazNU series Pedagogical Sciences, vol. 2 (15), 2005.
- “To Strive for Humanity in Education”. Social and Humanities sciences, Bishkek: Kyrgyz National University, vol. 2, 2005.
- “Civil Maturity”. Social and Humanities science, Bishkek: Kyrgyz National University, vol. 1, 2005.
- “To Educate. Why and how?” Social and Humanities sciences, Bishkek: Kyrgyz National University, vol. 2, 2005.
- “Intercultural Communication as a Basis of Foreign Language Teaching at Higher Educational Institutions. (Modern methods of teaching).” Materials of research-and-practice Interuniversity conference, Bishkek, Oct. 2003.
- “Linguistic politeness in different cultures. (Ways of presenting cross cultural politeness in English classes)”. Materials of Interuniversity conference, Bishkek, 2003.
- “Teaching vocabulary (Ways to help students understand what words mean)”. Materials of Interuniversity conference, Bishkek, 2003.
- “Guide to Public Achievement”, KRSU, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 2011. 74 p.
- “A Conversation about Constitutions”, Kyrgyz Jer, Bishkek, 2009, 103 p.
- “Economy of the European Union”, Kyrgyz Jer, Bishkek, 2009, 89 p.
- “Holidays in the United States” Upper Intermediate Level. This textbook is for students of the 1, 2 year of study. KRSU publishing house, Bishkek, 2003. 93 p.